Sinister: Emu the Orphan

Honey honey at xxx.net
Thu Mar 18 11:34:30 GMT 1999

Honey said:

> - The "nomail" command -
>
> This is useful if you're going away but don't want to resign your
> membership - just send the command:
>
> set sinister nomail
>
> (or sinister-digest) to "majordomo at majordomo.net" and lo and behold,
> everything will go quiet till you send a "set mail".

By which of course Honey meant "till you send a "set sinister mail"
or "set sinister-digest mail".  Just to avoid a barrage of confused
orphaned listees.

<Warning Extreme UK Content>

Talking of orphans, shed a little tear for Emu this morning.  I'm not
one to hark on about British-only-media things usually on this list,
and let's not turn this into a massive thread but allow me to indulge
myself just once, but this morning's news makes me dizzier than
dizzy.  Keen UK Norwich observers will remember that Alan Partridge's
second series was finally agreed by the BBC when the chief
commisioning editor for BBC2, Tony Hairs (sp?) fell off the roof of
his house adjusting the aerial thus moving one of Alan's old mates
into the chair.  "How ironic that someone whose life was in
broadcasting.." etc.

Anyway, Rod Hull, the "veteran of british comedy" has died.  He fell
off the roof of his house "adjusting the aerial".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/newsid_298000/298801.stm

My excuse for this list indiscretion: that the phrase "Rod Hull" gets
10 matches in the list archive, none of which are mine, so clearly
there's an issue of public concern here.  As far as I'm concerned,
it's all too scary and I think I'm going back to bed.

honey xxx