Sinister: students and kerouac.

u01cjtc u01cjtc at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 19 13:31:16 GMT 1999

The only reason students tell 1000 people they dont know, what they are
doing is because they want to sound intellegent. By saying, "I've just
finnished a 1000000 word essay on the political theories behind the
writing the film, bambi. And i've got another one to write by
lunchtime." we, the reader are supposed to think, "wow I could never do
that, they must be a genius."
It is a bit like your mother boasting about what amazing things you've
been doing to other mothers in, for example, doctors' waiting rooms or
down the bingo on a wednesday evening.
It is self gratification without the need for tissues.

I also like On the Road by Mr. Kerouac, but Desolation angels is a bit
wank, and I know nothing about the guy so wouldn't like to comment.

colin.