Sinister: london calling

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Fri Mar 19 15:39:54 GMT 1999

dear shinishter...

wow... *sigh* of contentment...
i was devoid of all hope of ever receiving my stow t-shirt (having
ordered over 4 weeks ago), but today -- beautiful day! -- what's in
my box?  well, actually a little yellow slip with my name on it.  but
when i brought this little slip up to the nice post office ladies,
they magically turned it into a slim, record-shaped, cardboard
envelope... and inside --  powderblue goodness!  just in time for me
to wear it on my plane to london tomorrow... and possibly every day
after that....

yes, as kimmy mentioned:
i saw a picture of IYFS in JANE magazine i forget what for.  why was
i reading that magazine? (sorry if you like, but i'd define it as a
TEEN for those who are not teen.  would you call that accurate?)  my
darling friend [marie] *somehow* received it in her mailslot one
day....

it was actually an advertisement for stereos or something, but there
was a stack of cds, including IYFS, and also sonic youth, the eels,
afghan whigs, pj harvey, and other assorted sundry albums...  weird.
the funny thing is, if it had been TBWTAS, it might have made sense,
since that is new... hmmm...  ah, but what kimmy failed to mention,
although it was *implied*, is that i actually pay the good people at
JANE my hard earned cash to send me their 120page piece of glossy
fluff.  what can i say?  i take secret pleasure in running up to my
room with a good fashion magazine and a box of cookies and poring
over pics of models i'll never look like wearing clothes that would
never fit me...  a little sadistic, i know.  but kimmy, what do you
call wearing pink velvet platform shoes?  girly, definitely.
sadistic?  quite possibly...  well, if that's yr cup of tea...
(kisskiss!)

okay kids -- tomorrow, it's off to london for me!  so far my only
definite plans are the looper show on wednesday. otherwise it's three
of us girls wandering about the streets...

take care!
xo,
marie