Sinister: "...memory is not life and it's not love...

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Fri Mar 19 17:48:31 GMT 1999

Youn Jong Noh pondered:

> i wonder how stuart murdoch loves.

Well I've heard salacious tales of Stuart and his romantic modus
operandi to make a bed-wetter blush.  I'm sure it's sufficiently
chinese-whispered a story not to constitute a gross invasion of
privacy.

Apparently he got some girl back to his flat a while ago and after a
while, got tired of being cute and came over all masterful instead.
"So, are we going to to have sex then?" were his words, I'm told.

Shocking.

Exciting news on the non-B&S front: record shops are listing The
Go-Betweens' Lost Album (78-79) as a forthcoming release (April 6th).

All this Gold Cup talk and no one's spotted that when you hear the
winner's name on the radio is sounds like 'Seymour Business' - more
lateral thinking required.

I think I've found another B&S worm in the media - Richard Longhurst
in the Telegraph's IT Supplement reviewed the recommendation feature
of www.tunes.com and plucked "toe-tapping tunesters Belle & Sebastian"
as an example search.  Apparently 'Bjorn227' likes them and is also
into Jawbreaker and Guided by Voices.  I'm very suspicious of such
technologies - no matter how many Left Banke and Delroy Wilson records
I put in my wish list, CDnow keeps recommending the Cure and Guns &
Roses.  'Not for me' 'Not for me' I click, but all it does is suggests
"Use Your Illusion 2" instead of "The Spaghetti Incident".

Talking of recommendations, I'm very confused about this Camber Sands
condom business.  During which activity do they come into play - the
solarium?  Is it extra?