Sinister: 10 Roddington Hull Place

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sat Mar 20 11:03:15 GMT 1999

I didn't say students were dull or full of misplaced arrogance, I was
just wondering aloud, that's all. It wasn't like that in borstal, I
can tell you. In borstal, we chose the "daddy" based on his fighting
ability and his potting shed aplomb, not whether he'd done any bloody
revision or not. I was always there or thereabouts.

Some people have written in claiming that they can't read books.
That's probably because the books they are trying to read aren't about
Ed Wood. I'm reading one, and I think I'm going to be able to finish
it sooner or later. It's got me in its spell, I'm transfixed. I might
write an essay about it and give it to my tutor, Captain Fellatio
Hornblower.

Terrible news. Not only has Emu gone to the great Parkinson Show in
the sky, but I have learnt that the man who wrote "How Much Is That
Doggie In The Window" took his own life. What a shame he didn't live
long enough to see the influence his music has had on The Genteel
Waifs' fantastic new album, out now on Tiger Records. It was great to
read that Isobel isn't as soft as she might appear. People tend to
judge her on her tiger ears bonnet and school uniform, but there's
much more to her than that. I got that "Doggie" information from The
Roulette Records Story, which has plenty on it to please all you
kite-flying fanatics. I was expecting 3 CDs of non-stop Northern
stompers, but I only got one or two of those (songs, not CDs), plus
loads and loads of novelty pop, such as "Santa Bring Me Ringo" and
"Doodle Doodle Doo". On a brighter note, it does contain "English
Country Garden", so I can learn the proper words now, instead of "how
many times have you had it off in an English country garden? I've done
it twice and I think it's very nice in an English country garden",
which might be a more appropriate version for the Big Red Bus.

Duke wrote:

>And you ask Meat Wholash???? get an education, kids!

To which McRagtag replied most informatively. I've seen Meat Wholash.
They weren't very good, and the bird from the Shoppies was playing the
drums or something and then sang a bit. I wouldn't be at all surprised
if the Duke himself was there. Of course, only the real hardcore were
present, because we all had coursework to hand in to our tutors. I
think there's a Meat Wholash track on one of those Creation
compilation LPs, but I have no memory of it, so I suspect Professor
Tune was on a sabbatical. But please keep on educating us, Duke. First
Keith's "superb fretwork" University of Rock, then Tim's "lifetime
commitment" Polytechnic of Pop, and now Duke's Boarding School of
Obscure Indie. What a well-educated bunch we are! I bet the kids on
the Steps list get all their knowledge from the backs of bubblegum
cards. I bet they haven't got tutors. Or matrons.

Sister Disco

"I'm constantly on the pull cos I think with my prick, and I'm
too fucking selfish to have any concept of loyalty". - Captain
Fellatio Hornblower