Sinister: It used to be all allotments round here

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Tue Mar 23 00:15:06 GMT 1999

Dwarlings,

Hahaha - fooled you and you fell for it.   I haven't left at all.  It
was a cunning ruse to get rid of Melonballs.  How could I leave you?
You course through my veins like heroin, and I can't give that up
either.  Actually, I was in a mood, and I took it on you and I
apologise, I really do.

But I am indeed an altered toad.  I've had all the stuffing knocked
out of me by Mr Matt Haines's letter.  I loved that.  Especially the
bit where he described the people who lovingly bought all his records
as weird and inadequate (that was a "joke", right?).  If only all
labels treated their fans so well.  Actually, there were elements of
truth in what he said.  But why is the Gentle Waves single only coming
out in a 2000 pressing?  And how come singles cost less in my local
record shop?  It is a point, you have to admit.

As for the B&S being crap live.  I saw the Field Mice once, and no, it
wasn't political, it was really fucking crap.  That's really, really
fucking crap.

What most amused me about Matt's litle speech was the way he picked
out the very worst aspects of Camber Sands and made it out to be a
Siberian salt mine.  And I never realised there was a nice steam
railway nearby, and lovely tea rooms.  Ah, the golden age of merrye
Englande, when we still had an empire.

I went to see a very good film yesterday and so did Warrander John.
"Central Station" as recommended by one Peter Miller, before I nicked
his birds.  It should've won an Oscar, and it nearly made me cry.  I
want to go to Brazil now  It was quite a Brazilian weekend, what with
Os Mutantes ruling the roost.  I bought that because one of them is
wearing a cloak on the front, and I'm all for cloaks, I'm going to
wear one to Camber Sands and rush into the tea rooms with comedy fangs
screaming "I am the count".  That's c-O-u-n-t.

I can't go to Pam's high jinx at the Betsy Trotwood, but it's a nice
pub and I think you should all go.  Cos Pam's parties swing, according
to my sources.

I hope that didn't offend anyone.  It's bedtime.  Night night.

Love Tag xx