Sinister: Camber Sands, some tickets left

Sleeka Sounds sleeka_sounds at xxx.com
Tue Mar 23 11:46:00 GMT 1999

================== Letter 1

Hoy!  Did anyone notice how superb Stuart Murdoch's mail was yesterday?
Observe as I put on my analyst dressing gown....

>Hi, I was just wondering

As we've all been told, Stuart's wondering days are over.  If he was
just wondering, no he is not a fibber, he's endearing himself to our
brains by suggesting he is not boring.  He's a celibate bip-bopper.
That'll do pig, my place at eight with the Motorhead video.

>if anyone might need tickets for Camber Sands,
>because Stevie at Nice'n'Sleazys in Glasgow has a bit of a surplus
>just now.

Celebrity namedropping of sorts.  Monsieur Murdoch is spoiling us by
naming Glasgow famous man Stevie Dreads, as namechecked on the back of
the album beside some poxy geordie called paul mitchell.  Stevie Dreads
is famous for having big dreadlocks, working in Sleazies, and being
everywhere you go.  Fantastic work Stuart, whooops there goes another!

>You can give him a buzz on

Ah, you see the ever saucy Murdoch mind is reaching down to new crotch
level depths with that one.  Is he gay?  Is he straight?  Is he
suggesting a group encounter?  I don't know but I like it.  Buzzzzzzz!
Buzzzzz!  Buzzzzz!

>0141 333 9637.

Just like every phone number in hollywood has 555 in it, every phone
number in Glasgow has 333 in it.  Fact.  So by referring to this, the
Sherlock Murdoch brings to mind the work of Bill Forsyth, as a
throwaway.   let us rock.

>Sincerely
>S Murdoch

This is a fly reference to "Famous Blue Raincoat"  by Leonard Cohen,
which ends "Sincerely L Cohen".  Stuart has a blue coat as seen on the
Melody Maker Cover, but I'm not sure if it's waterproof.   There you
have it, so much in so few words.  God Bless the mind of the Murdoch, it
is as sharp and pointy as a jungle spear.

================== Letter 2

Amphetameanies were tops on Friday.
Curry was good on Saturday.
Sunday is a day of rest
Monday I had off.  Went to see dEUS, a band whose work I'm not terribly
familiar with.  The old wacky stuff was great, the new cock rock stuff
was cock.   As Harry said, there is no such thing as rocking too much,
but there is present danger in the wrong kind of rock.

Yours,
  Mistopher Christopher Leonard

PS.  The Duke