Sinister: more news ... sorry :)

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 23 15:24:05 GMT 1999

more bits i sent to the jeepster news list yesterday that may be of some
interest to some of you ...

*                         the gentle waves                             *

alrighty, now continuing on with the subject of gigs, we've had a lot of
people ask us about the forthcoming Gentle Waves dates ... well, seeing
as everyone wants to know which other B&S members will be playing with
Isobel, we thought we'd let you know that Stuart Murdoch, Stevie
Jackson, Chris Geddes, Mick Cooke and Richard Colburn will all appear
onstage too!

The gigs are selling quite quickly, so if you'd like to spend your
Easter weekend in the company of Isobel and pals playing some beautiful
fragile songs, then here's the details again:

Friday 2nd April - Leeds City Varieties Theatre, Swan Street
Saturday 3rd April - Cardiff Coal Exchange, The Exchange Buildings,
Mount Street Square
Sunday 4th April - London Improv Theatre, 161 Tottenham Court Road
Saturday 10th April - Glasgow Mitchell Theatre, Exchange House, 229
George Street

contact Ticketweb at http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/ for more details.

Isobel has designed a lovely t-shirt and we should have it and some
Gentle Waves badges for sale at the gigs, if you can't make it then
check out the TGW website after Easter at
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/thegentlewaves/

*                             sodastream                               *

OK, self-promotion time ... when David + i went to Perth, Australia to
visit all my rellies @ Christmas, we met up with a fantastic band called
"sodastream".  karl (vocals/guitars) + pete (bass) told us that a track
off their first EP "enjoy" called "turnstyle" had made it onto John
Peel's Festive Fifty for 1998.  The "enjoy" EP had never been released
outside Australia and we thought it was sacriledge that hardly anyone
had ever heard of them, let alone be able to get hold of their music, so
we've devised a cunning plan :)  sodastream were offered to play the
Rebound Festival in Amsterdam on 28th March and have managed to fit in a
U.K. stopover at the same time, whereby we have scheduled them the
following gigs!

*friday 16th april, the poetry cafe, london (betterton street), doors @
7.30pm, tickets three pounds on the door
*saturday 17th april, nice'n'sleazy's, glasgow (sauchiehall street)
supporting Salako, doors @ 9.00pm, tickets available on the door @
approx. four pounds
*sunday 18th april, the hull adelphi (de grey street) headlining with
Fonda 500 in support, doors + ticket info tbc
*sunday 25th april, the bowlie weekender, camber sands holiday camp,
first band on the main stage, SOLD OUT :(

they are releasing a limited 7" on pickled egg/blue soda of the track
"turnstyle" and two other songs "evening song" (unreleased) and "hope
grocery" (available on their second ep "practical footwear"), which will
be on sale at all the above gigs.

i know i have a vested interest in them, seeing as they do come from the
bestest city in the world :) (even though they both now live in
melbourne!) but the music they make is just beautiful, so, go on! do
yourself a favour (aussie speak) and try your hardest to find out more.
they have a site with sound files at http://listen.to/sodastream/

cheers,
Katrina.
        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
 	               http://www.jeepster.co.uk/

                 ***we are moving on april 1st 1999!***
       new postal address is po box 14153, london, sw11 4xu, u.k.