Sinister: Last night a DJ saved my life

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed Mar 24 11:10:43 GMT 1999

Well, I DJed last night for the first time in almost 3 years, and managed to
blow the tweeters...I swear blind it wasn't my fault, it never went into the
red, but those recorders in The Boy with the Arab Strap must've pushed those
high frequencies that little bit too far :) Yes, I managed to play Belle and
Sebastian to a smallish crowd of moderately bored and sober medical
students, despite orders to make sure I didn't alienate the clientele (I was
practically Pete Tong the rest of the time, so a little bit of leeway had to
be acceptable). Vicky wouldn't let me play any Kate Bush, though :(

The best bit is that half way through my set, a girl came over to the DJ
booth and asked me if I was able to DJ an indie classic (?) set on April
28th at the Watershed in Wimbledon from 8 pm onwards (is that enough of a
plug yet?). So I said yes, I get to do it for beer (yay!), so if anyone
wants to come along and request B&S all night (and who am I to refuse my
adoring fans :)), make sure you're there...

****please ignore this paragraph if you're not Lesley Jo Miller**** Sorry to
abuse the list like this, but Lesley Jo, you've become entirely
uncontactable, where are you? Get in touch if you can...

Bought my Gentle Waves ticket yesterday, which has got me all a-flutter,
even if I haven't been able to get my hands on the single yet (John, you're
my only hope <sob>) - though I'm not going to Looper tonight, unless a
listee fairy godmother fancies doing the full pumpkin thing and rescuing me
from an evening of dullness <bats eyelashes in a grotesque attempt to look
endearing>.

Has anyone checked out the B&S reviews on the Amazon website? Or has anyone
here written any of them? They're mostly extremely high praise, but there's
a bitter and twisted Field Mice fan somewhere out there who really doesn't
like our twee scotch chums...which reminds me, every now and then I urge
people who haven't voted at the Jeepster website for their favourite songs
to darn well go and do so, especially if you're a fan of Le Pastie, which is
doing criminally badly.

Right, enough dull, pompous twaddle - I'm going to sign off with something a
little cheeky, but it's a favour for an ex-listee friend, so if anyone's
interested (and I can think of a few potential contestants), give them a
call...apologies and thanks to Honey :)

Dial-a-date is a new dating game show coming soon to ITV. The show will
be coming from different towns and cities in the UK every week and is
currently seeking young hipsters to take part. We can't promise true
love but we can promise fun. If you're interested, or want to know more,
then please mail us at cupid_tv at hotmail.com or send your details
(including a recent photo and what you want from your ideal partner)
to...

Dial-a-date
PO Box 91
London
NW5 3WQ

Regional auditions will be happening very soon so get in touch soon!

Love and kisses,
Markx