Sinister: If I was only famous, well then!

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Thu Mar 25 04:36:37 GMT 1999

dear sinister "the internet is better than any sort of pretense of a life"
diary:

I've come to the conclusion that I need to somehow become famous in this
forum. There's almost a thousand of us, maybe more if Mister Waterman has
brought defectors with him from the Steps camp..
 I won't settle for being a face in the crowd. I've noticed that you have to
be extreme in some fashion to make a splash in this particular pond. I'd be
extremely energetic and cheerful, but I think that Lesleyjo Miller has that
end covered. Perhaps I should be wise and witty.. or perhaps Tag and Honey do
that well enough. I could just be odd and flamboyantly irreverant and mention
rude things and naughty words, only Sister Disco does it better, and I hate
competition. I tried being the quietest one here, but no-one seemed to notice.
   so perhaps I should be the most mediocre person here.. I think that's a
good start. If I get any more flashes of wisdom, I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, in token somewhat related to belle and sebastian content, whoever
said that snow patrol sounded like pearl jam.. eh, if you meant bad pearl jam,
then yes. I think they have one good song, and we wouldn't want to disparage
that tune. i think by saying "pearl jam" you meant "crunchy grunge gee-tar
rock.."

if everyone here is sufficiently sick of this letter by now(cos I know I am)
then I'll stop

yes? goood

     dave*