Sinister: Morley mauled, Bangs banged up

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Thu Mar 25 15:02:37 GMT 1999

Hello you,

Peej Milla, in a post I somehow missed at the time, bellowed:

> I would love to see Duke strut his stuff in that pub, it'll be great.
> The Good Book, formerly known as "Young and Foolish" has an Amazon UK
> sales ranking of 65,460!!! Which is one hell of a lot of sales. Unless
> it means something else.

This spurred me to continue my personal quest to eke out morsels of
POP-rich data from the vast coal-face of the Wibbly Wobbly Web,
thereby avoiding work and providing fellow Sinisteroonies with a tasty
info snack.  In short, I discovered from the Amazon UK site than the
Duke is pounding other rock-crit wannabes, dead or alive, into the
dust with his fruity treatise.  Lester Bangs' "Psychotic Reactions" is
flailing around at #91,316, Greil Marcus' "In The Fascist Bathroom" is
in the toilet at #113,000+ and Simon Reynolds' "Blissed Out" is
*passed* out beyond the top 150 thousand.  It's almost painful to
report that Paul Morley's "Definitive Story of Punk" is 80,000 places
below even Reynolds and Kevin Pearce's "Something Beginning With O"
appears to have sold an appropriately round number of copies.

So, the Dukester is holding up very nicely approximately mid-way
between the hardback edition of Margaret Atwood's "Alias Grace" (I'm
currently not reading that) and Jacques Derrida's "Aporias (Meridian:
Cross Aesthetics)" - a work which poses the question, "My death - is
it possible ?".  Come round my house with your Gauloises and your
off-the-cuff Heidegger again, pal, and you'll soon find out.

Ta ta,

Mike.