Sinister: Tamara Beckwith felt 'betrayed' by the decision

Lee lee at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 26 10:49:22 GMT 1999

Cheers to Pete for sending the Time Out article, I like it when people send
stuff like this to the list. It was interesting stuff.

All these articles seem to harp on about the same things, which is
understandable I guess as their trying to introduce the band, like the
Smiths comparison, which personally I cant (or wont) see. Although I can
hear it in 'Get me away from here'. I resent being likened to a Smiths
fan, do you think I can sue?

It's true the guy who wrote the article is a fan, I wonder if that clouded
his judgement, because this is a massive exaggeration, or maybe it's just
because he's a journalist:
"It happens once every few years in pop. An unforeseen event divides people
into two camps - those who expected it, and those who are left scratching
their heads. You'd have to rewind five years to the death of Kurt Cobain to
pin-point last time it happened."

Does anyone know if this is true?:
"In January 1996, Murdoch stood in a friend's bedroom and played songs like
'The State I'm In' and 'String Bean Jean' to talent scouts from 25 record
companies."

I quite like the odd heckle, although I'd never dare do it myself, it's
funny to see Stuart look confused and genuinely go "Sorry... I cant hear
you, what did you say....what did he say?" and actually expect an answer.
This one was understandable I thought:
"At last years Shepherd's Bush Empire show someone shouted 'You'd better be
fucking good'."

This made my day:
"Tamara Beckwith felt 'betrayed' by the decision."

She's 231st in line to the throne you know, a very powerful enemy to have.

lee