Sinister: Gay Mark, we don't want to know...

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Sat Mar 27 11:21:05 GMT 1999

The music press are always going to stereotype B&S fans as being all the
same, even though it's blatantly not true. It's the same as the way they
make up genres and subgenres to describe what a band sound like, and lump
in with them other bands who sound completely different. It's just lazy
journalism. Get used to it...

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Mark Kolmar wrote:

> It's like this:  Where do couples meet?

Judging on previous form, at a Sinister picnic... (well I know at least
two ongoing couples who did!)

Speaking of which, those of us who were at the Poetry Cafe last night made
an executive decision that the first Sinister picnic of the year shall
take place in London on the May Day bank holiday (Monday May 3). Place and
time tbc, but probably 2pm on Primrose Hill, to celebrate the first
anniversary of the first picnic.

For those of you who weren't on the list last summer, picnics were held
every few weeks in London and elsewhere around the world. Everyone is
invited (40+ people is not unheard of...), all you have to do is bring a
bit of food. We then spend the afternoon meeting new people, chatting,
drinking (normally well into the evening), playing football / twister /
frisbee / whatever else anyone brings along, and rescuing kites from
lampposts. And then progress to the pub later on. And there's always the
possibility that you could end up lying on the ground in a park somewhere
in South East London at 4am singing B&S songs... (for further tales,
search for picnics in the archives for May / June / July / August last
year)

To all the people who complain that the list is too cliquey at times, and
who think that they're not going to come along because they don't know
anyone and we all know each other, just remember; the only reason some of
us do know each other is because we met at the picnics last summer. And if
you've not got anyone to come with, come by yourself - you won't be the
only one. We're all very friendly...

I know it's a long way off, but put it in your diaries now; the more
people who come along the better!

Anyway, I'm off to Yorkshire for a couple of weeks to try and cope with
living with my parents for a bit. I've decided the easiest way to cope is
to go off camping at Loch Lomond next weekend with some mates, and avoid
the parents as much as possible...

Big Stu