Sinister: Belle and Sebastian, on the radio....

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Sat Mar 27 14:45:38 GMT 1999

Remember a while back that people were asking the weirdest places where
you had heard Belle and Sebastian, well on the football section on Radio
Scotland they do a sketch/comedy show about Scottish football and
someone playing Fergus McCann (the chief executive of Celtic) made a
joke about Belle and Sebastian winning a Brit (it was as part of a
sketch about Jim Kerr of Simple Minds buying Celtic, it was a crap
sketch, crap joke, BUT it was a fairly unlikely place to hear a
reference to Belle and Sebastian).

Alix, can I suggest that you go onto Countdown and *win* a rather
attractive teapot?  I could do it for you if you like, as I am a student
and officially have nothing to do in the afternoons except watch
gameshows (oh and be pretentious about my coursework of course).  I've
even started watching Wheel of Fortune, and actually lasted ten whole
minutes of Through the Keyhole the other day (it was bald snooker genius
and friend of Gary Lineker, Mr Willie Thorne, and my house is a lot
nicer than his, well I think so anyway).

Finally, after reading everyone's Belle and Sebastian dreams for so many
months and thinking I would never have one myself, last night the
(almost) unthinkable happened.  I can't remember any of my dreams ever
(except one where I was Steve McManaman which is a bit alarming) so I
can't tell you what the dream was about, but I do clearly remember the
name Tim Hopkins being quite prominent in whatever it was, and it was
the first thought I had when I woke up.  This is highly bizarre as I
have never met Mr Hopkins in my life.  I'm all scared now...

Apologies for the Brit-centredness of every reference in this mail, I
shall try to be more cosmopolitan next time.

In four weeks from now I will be at Camber Sands :), I am getting more
than a little excited.  I read in the NME that Belle and Sebastian would
be playing the Sunday night, but perhaps we could force them to change
their minds so that nobody flying back early will miss them?

Ailsa xx