Sinister: bunch of loopers.

Marie Elia eliam at xxx.edu
Sun Mar 28 22:40:57 BST 1999

*sigh*

i just got back from london...
what can i say?  i'm in love.

the highlight of the week had to be the looper gig, although sadly
i had no access to email while in london last week (the price to pay
for sleeping on the floors of people you only vaguely know), so i
did not hear of any meet up.  my friend brendan and i wandered about
for a long time on the street where the theatre was, and then we
found it (it is small!), and then we waited on line to pick up our
tix.  as we were standing there, brendan tugged on my sleeve and
nodded toward something.  it was stuart and karn, brushing past us
up the stairs.  once we got into the theatre, i was a bit confused
b/c it was so small, and really a comedy club.  eventually we shyly
joined the hipster kids sitting crosslegged on the floor.  it DID
feel a bit like watching tv, and we were, i suppose -- 5 of them,
and 3 projection screens.  the show was amazing, i thought.  i'd
only listened to the album twice, and the performance sounded pretty
much like the album, but the visuals definitely made it...  they
opened up with spaceboydream, which was a nice surprise.  after the
show, i thought i'd pick up a looper tshirt or badge or something,
but there was a line, and all those cool-looking kids scared me a
bit, so we just up and left and got some really late dinner, as i
hadn't eaten all day....    i wondered if there were any
sinisterites there, but i didn't know how to tell......

oddly enough, the next night i had my first b&s dream, but it isn't
anything to write home about (or write sinister about, i suppose!)
i think it was a result of that strange Time Out article, where it
mentions about isobel getting sick.  because in the dream i was
supposed to sub in for her, but i picked up the cello (well, i guess
one doesn't actually Pick Up a cello, but...) and i couldn't play
it...  ah, well....

okay, kids.
take care.
marie