Sinister: Re: Gay Mark, we don't want to know...

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at xxx.com
Sun Mar 28 23:23:16 BST 1999

John wrote:
>>> to adjust to the returning boyfriend, findout where they met.  Keep
conducting this survey at all bars where you approach women who are not
actually alone and post the results (hopefully they will not say that they
met in the bar) <<<

When the boyfriend wandered off for a moment, I did ask the young woman
next to me if they came there together, or met there.  They went there
together.

Personally, I have a strong suspicion that at least a few of the better
candidates were home reading at the time.  (Fluffy kitty-cat optional.)  A
few more were with friends -- And at some point in their conversations
they wondered where to meet guys who are a good match for my description.

As an old friend wisely said, I don't stand a chance because neither of us
would have enough nerve to break through the other's shield.

For example:  I sat in the bookstore with a cappuccino large enough to
keep a horse awake for 3 days, reading William Burroughs.  Most every time
I look up, the pretty, chilly, red-haired girl is looking at me.  Haven't
tried to talk to her for a while.  She doesn't make it easy.  On the way
out, I say "Your name is {so-and-so}, right?"  "Yeah", she says, in a tone
I don't know how to interpret and cannot assimilate.  Time to bail out.
"Just checking my memory....good night".  And I do have to wonder, are we
fighting the same battle, or does she stare for the same reason one
becomes fascinated with a car wreck?

WSB writes that if you see people first, generally speaking -they will not
see you-.

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Stuart Gardiner wrote:
> Judging on previous form, at a Sinister picnic... (well I know at least
> two ongoing couples who did!)

Then Chicago-area listmembers need to arrange a meet-up.  If you're in or
near the area, get in touch.  I'll post something later specifically about
that idea.

> The music press are always going to stereotype B&S fans as being all the
> same, even though it's blatantly not true.

Sensitive, yes, and a tad fragile at times.  Cardigan sweaters are simply
more -practical- than crew necks, in and out of the cold.  And girls make
me happy in the expected ways.

Or as Momus wrote:

"'The Homosexual' they call me
It's all the same to me
That spectre you projected I will now pretend to be
Since your neurosis is what passes for normality
It's okay with me if I'm queer
Since your tone-deafness is called the love of music
I won't disabuse you
I'll make love with your woman
I'll make her sing notes of pleasure
That you will never hear
Never in a million years
No fucking fear"

--Mark

__ Burning Rome : SENSELESS CD on Mindfield Records MindCD03 Cathartium 14
   < http://www.xnet.com/~mkolmar/BurningRome > < MP3 & RealAudio tracks >