Sinister: more incoherence to sinister

Kimberly Rehak rehakk at xxx.edu
Mon Mar 29 08:39:11 BST 1999

hey lot!
i'm back from my week or so long spring break.  the first thing i did was
turn on my puter (whom i call "queen of the hipsters" since i certainly am
not that) and was greeted by, eh...about 115 messages.  needless to say, i
haven't gotten through all of them yet.  the next thing i did was trek to
the library, because i am, once again, in the midst of writing a ten page
paper...this time about the augustan constitution.  i started this evening
at 11, it's quarter after two now so i should be done by 7 or so, if this
all goes right.   i'm actually having a race with the boy downstairs.  if i
win, i'd have raised so much esteem in my friends eyes.

i finally got looper yesterday!  see, i'm stuck without a credit card or any
sort of transportation, so i was patient and waited.  i think it was well
worth the wait.  "patience is a virtue" "patience pays off" ... yeecha
yeecha

last night i dragged my friend marie to this ska/semi-punk show at home.  it
was the first time i had been to a show since...august.  what a draught!
even though i am not that much older than everyone there (since my birthday
is late in the year and i AM young), i FELT so much older than everyone.  it
definitely had to do with a maturity level.  i kind of wish that i could
make a fool out of myself dancing like a goof, yet i realize how i am acting
and i refrain.  kind of upsetting, but then kind of reassuring.

so is there really a band called the shapiros??  there is this professor at
my school with that last name.  he's the regular "mad professor" kind of
guy: circle sweat stains when it was hot, mad movements (the man doesn't
stand still through his lecture), ludicrous hand movements, nose hair you
could braid, two thick pairs of glasses he alternates between, saliva
zooming everywhere.  the man was a regular loon and i loved him.  my friend
pepe does a fab impression of him.  so if you ever meet pepe ask him to do
it for you...haha

i got a couple of cds over break besides looper.  a bis, a new komeda, a
three volume "the history of ska" (to play on my radio show), the xo elliot
smith one, cornelius [thanks to fred's recommendation], an old beck single,
the new built to spill, and about five or so others.  i'm rather pleased,
nonetheless.

i think i may be getting behind in my paper race, so i must leave you.

was there b&s content in here?  besides looper, no.  ooo, i have a story to
add with some content:

at the ska/semi-punk show last night marie wore her "stow college" shirt.
we were going to ask the band to take a pool and ask who else were fans of
our beloveds.  but we were to shy so refrained from doing so.  would have
been a brilliant plan though.

speaking of polls, if anyone would care to help me with mine, just answer
this question for me (and to me privately, of course):

sarah michelle gellar: YES OR NO?

so far i've compiled 7 yes's and 3 no's

byebye
kisskiss