No subject

Youn Jong Noh ynoh at xxx.EDU
Mon Mar 29 21:52:44 BST 1999

Could anyone on the list answer a quick question for me?
Somewhere I remember reading about how Stuart - before he was loved and
adored by all of us - went to London (as a final act of desperation?) to
find and then meet someone he admired.  Does anyone recall who that was?
Laurence of Felt?  (I think the story is very moving.)

You know, there is much pleasure to be had in singing Belle & Sebastian
lyrics that have a really catchy melody but that are strangely atypical
and complex.  For example - "The Asian man/With his love hate affair/With
his racist clientele".  (I thought I was the only one who felt this way,
but I saw the exact same lines mentioned in the same context in a
review.)  And these lines I think could be reversible - the sort which
singers change on you in live performances - "We know you are soft cause
we've all seen you dancing" & "We know you are hard cause we all you saw
you drinking from noon/Until noon again".

Also, I have a request of French native speakers on the list.  I'm writing
something on a topic in French linguistics and I was wondering if you
could send me (ynoh at leland.stanford.edu) via email as an attachment (MS
Word documents please) things that you have written for school (les
essaies, les redactions, etc).  I apologize for making this request on the
list, but this is the only "international" forum to which I have access.