Sinister: a little happening in london this coming sunday

david kitchen - jeepster shop at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 29 23:07:20 BST 1999

the glorious sun on saturday inspired us and since the weather seems permitting, a
picnic has been planned for this sunday (easter sunday) in london.

why?

well, apart from keeping with tradition (belle and sebastian picnics ran
throughout the summer last year, and before that i was helping run picnics for the
three previous years for a nightclub i worked for) we've noticed that a lot of new
people have surfaced on the mailing lists and websites recently, so it would be
nice to get together and have some preliminary introductions and a hell of a lot
of fun.

we'll also be using this as a general meet before the london gentle waves gig, as
previously mentioned the gentle waves is going to feature six eigths of belle and
sebastian, so we expect a lot of you will be around london that day.

what will happen?

well, we'll play football, board games, drink, eat, have a good laugh, resurrect
some old games (stuck in the mud is always pretty damn hilarious), and generally
have a bloody good time. we'll also be giving away some tickets for the gentle
waves gig that night, some copies of the weathershow 7", i'm not sure how, maybe
we'll have a connect 4 league (jeepster staff are excluded!) or something.

who can attend?

everyone, anyone, friends even, no-one has to like belle and sebastian, or even be
of a similiar age group to the rest of us. that's not the point. the point is to
meet people who you might have met on-line, off-line, to give friendships a chance
with people you might not have normally talked to. the common thread is that we
all share the same interests and that gives us a good chance of getting along
well. and since this is the first proper meet in london since the whole brit
palaver, i'm sure we'll have a pretty celebratory tone to the whole affair.

where is it?

it'll be held at the traditional spot of primrose hill, simply head to camden town
tube station and wait outside at 3pm and we'll all walk up to the hill together.
if you know where the hill is, just meet us on the summit at around 3:30pm. we'll
probably move to a pub at dusk and from there onto the gentle waves gig :)

what should i bring?

well we ask everyone to donate a bit of food to the kitty. this helps create quite
a feast whilst at the same time being cheap for everyone. if you're unsure what to
bring, think along the lines of pringles and dips, veggie sausage rolls, pasta
salad, fairy cakes, etc. we'll provide all the plastic cutlery, plates and a few
cups along with some cadburys creme eggs (well, it IS easter!).

if anyone has any questions not answered by the above, simply mail me, i'll be
pleased to help, but note that there may be a small delay (1 day) in replying
since we're moving office this week and my e-mail is at home :)

cheers, and see you all there :)

david

                  david kitchen : jeepster recordings ltd
          http://www.jeepster.co.uk/ mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

      WE ARE MOVING, NEW ADDRESS: PO BOX 14153, LONDON SW11 4XU, UK

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message