Sinister: airport muzik (fwd)

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 30 15:53:18 BST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:41:22 +0100 (BST)
From: Arantxa Sanz <pcxas at xxx.uk>
To: sinister at majordomo.net
Subject: airport muzik

Dear lot:

Here I am  back in tea-world ( I am writing while some tea break, and this
sort of breaks only takes place is this country,sure)
though I am not a professional as fantastic Alix.My friend has given
to me a mug, with some
electronic Citibank product reference on it,as she is a marketing analyst
there and a pocketbook angel all at once.Now I won't feel as the
marginal outsider ,bloody foreigner I am in my department with my own mug
as all natives do and tea breaks have a new meaning to me.
Perhaps if Stu M. was moved to Spain could be able to condense in some
lines about how weird he feels when going to the bar and not
distinguishing among allthe different white/black coffee
classifications(Fluffy : manchado,mediana,cortado...etc,etc)the feeling of
loneliness abroad where nothing is like at home.This 'coffee' stuff is
bloody difficult for not Spanish in Spain ,I have been told by well aware
and concerned sources, especially if you have to order the coffees for the
eight people who will go with you at the break.

Sorry Honey for all these apparently nonsenses about tea,coffee and
cultural gaps but I just wanted to show my total agreement with
someone(difficult Oriental name to quote,some American I believe) who
started some thread about atypical but necessary lyrics in Belle's songs.
How an Arab strap could turn to be so symbolic? To my eyes, boys with arab
straps is nearly a sociological niche, but probably it would have taken a
lifetime to me to find such an expression to define them.

Weird places to listen to some of their songs: what about an airport in
Madrid while four hours of waiting because of 'NATO attacks!' last
chapter? They are good as relaxing therapy,promise...!I also was happy in
the daze of a drunken hour when unexpedtedly Dirty Dream ploughed into my
ears through the smoky atmosphere in a dodgy club.

Only 23 days left.It's the begin of the countdown.And the beginning of my
self-embroidered t-shirt.

Arantxita