Sinister: No sun for me, and how to describe music.

Neil Dewhurst NeilD at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 31 14:06:08 BST 1999

		ooooh, sounds like fun! fingers crossed it'll be fine an
sunny on Sunday...ive never been to a B&S picnic thing before, but i may
very well just venture down to this one. im going to the Gentle Waves gig,
of course, with a mate who has a cunningly placed flat fairly close by, but
ive no idea who'll be at the picnic affair since ive never been to one
before. how many people are we all expecting, roughly? i hope im not the
only student there...who'll join me???
		JaMeS :)

Damn all you sun-enjoyers and you Sunday idyll.  I, for one, will not be
there, due to my required presence chez mes parents this weekend.  I will be
at the gig, however, which I am still fairly excited about.  Do they sell
tickets in numerical order, by the way, because I have a childish excitement
in me from being sent tickets 5 and 6.  Does this make me important?  It
surely does.

On the how to describe music thread:

Accusing journos of laziness is perfectly justified.  I'm kind of in that
field, and I'm as idle as a tortoise in December.  I think that sloppy
journalism would be a better tag, though, since an amazing number of
mistakes somehow get made despite common sense and the need for only a very
small brain to avoid them.

Describing music can be a bit tricky, though, as I found while trying to buy
the state of grace album.

Shopkeeper:	What's it like then?
Me		Erm
Shopkeeper	I've heard its like St Etienne a bit
Me		Erm, yeah
Shopkeeper	And One Dove
Me		Kind of crossed
Shopkeeper	Right.
Me		Yeah.

Not bad for a budding music journo, you have to admit.

Cheers for now, and happy easter to all.

Neil
xxx