Sinister: Babylon leave the Rastaman alone

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Mar 31 15:43:43 BST 1999

Citizens tuning in to the Sinister Home Service,

I'm glad to see you're all going fluffy again.  You little sweeties.
I haven't got much to say but I'm going to say it anyway.

First off sorry for anyone who used the Search on the Sinister site
and got "0 results" one day last week - go cast your net over the
side another time and you might get an abundance of fishes.  The
Search engine was bad and I had to take it aside and slap its legs
but it's better now, and if it's broken in future I hope it will at
least tell you that.  That's unless you search for
"I really like Acker Bilk does anyone have any rare B sides"
in which case you will always get 0 results.  Oh no hang on, that's not
even true now or won't be from tomorrow.  You can't say anything
round here.

Thank you fluffiest of Sarahs for the NME or wherever review of the
General Ward LP, I'm not even bothering to type in the MM one, but a
quick synopsis is: it's crap, Belle and Sebastian fans "have been
cheated" and thank goodness for Looper.  This from the pasty-faced
ones who panned Looper, was it, last week?  Next week: "Mick Cooke
can't even hold a spanner straight, call himself a plumber??  Thank
goodness Gentle Waves are so great.  Belle and Sebastian fans have
been cheated."

I'm a big softy who falls for anyone who gives me a cuddly toy to hug
(there are two people on this list who are forever blameless because
they've done just that), and I hope no-one thinks the nursery really
is a flick in the ear to new people, as Molly said.  This is not
about the creation of a B&S underclass who work under the ground in
mines to bring us out tea :)  I do hope you who are patiently waiting
for voices don't think we're all fat frauds with huge cigars and
conglomerates at our fingertips, like Mr Burns.  New people are nice,
and old people stink and are incontinent.  Oh dear am I swinging the
balance too far the other way?

The Northern Sinister Event Of The Weekend took place in the Balmoral
Hotel, Princes Street, Edinburgh last Saturday.  Mistopher Chris
Leonard, whose singing career is taking off so much he recently
appointed a new Personal Assistant, and whose WWW site is gigglesome
enough to deserve a link from the Sinister page, took afternoon tea
with myself, Linda Lulu, and his nice Miss Julia.  We drank ceylon
tea from silver teapots, had scones, cakes and cucumber sandwiches,
and scared a man off who was supposed to be playing the harp.  Half
way through we all suffered hallucinations concerning grass balls
(please advise) and it ended up with Lulu spitting out cake in a fit
of giggles over something or other.

Anyway way I could just bloomin' well shut up, couldn't I?

honeytothebeethatsyouforme xxxx