Sinister: Everybody's free to wear sunscreen

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Sun May 2 02:18:51 BST 1999

On Sat, 1 May 1999, jessica wrote:

> shamelessly, and recommend that you go to the listcrush page
> (http://listcrush.future.easyspace.com) and vote for me again. if i make it
> into the top ten, i'll post a saucy picture on my webpage
> (http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/3733) . how's that for incentive?
> because really, it's all about external validation. and smut. such a
> pathetic level of smut around these parts in the last while, i'm glad to see
> that bowlie brought that to another level.

Well OK then, if you all vote for me I promise I WON'T post any saucy
photos of me. Because otherwise they'd put you off your dinner. That
should be incentive enough for y'all...

> i've still got mono (it takes ages to go away, doesn't it?) so there will be
> no kissing for me, even at the pecola/truman's water show on wednesday at
> the el mocambo. if you're in toronto, you should really go because firstly,
> it's pecola's last show, and secondly, i'll be there in top form. just look
> for the girl that looks like me. silly, my photo's on the sinister page if
> you don't know what i'm talking about. i'm sure i'll remind you about it
> again, but do feel free to say hello, i am very nice and will only make you
> sick if i kiss you. which i won't do, since we're strangers. i'll likely be
> at the front taking photos and pretending that i know everybody. which i
> very well could, but don't be frightened.

I would just like to say at this point that Jessica's postings are far
more entertaining to read when you're completely plastered. Not that
they're dull otherwise, of course. Oh bugger. I'll just shut up before I
drop myself any deeper in the shit then.

> i must admit that i haven't ventured out to the record shops here to look
> for either the looper or the gentle waves albums, but according to my
> parasol update, gentle waves is $25.50usd. erm, a bit pricey, yes? even
> though it's isobel, i'm not up to paying $38cdn for a cd that i've heard
> some iffy things about.

Well we all know that the Generous Warthogs album is vastly overpriced,
given that it's only got 31 minutes of music on it. But rumour has it that
the record stores are selling it for double the price Jeepster are selling
it to them for. If you hunt around you might be able to find a more
sensible independant record store selling it for a reasonable price.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing (apart from that I'm far too drunk to go to
sleep, and of course there's no possibility that I'll embarass myself in
front of 1000 people, on the basis that you all think I talk shite
normally anyway, so it doesn't matter if I'm drunk or not) is to remind
people of the wonderful picnic that's planned for Monday afternoon /
evening in Primrose Hill in London. Bring food, bring alcohol, bring
games, bring friends, and bring sunblock if the weather's as nice as it's
forecast to be. In answer to several people's questions, absolutely
anybody is welcome, you don't have to have been on this list for two
years, newbies are more than welcome. Especially any good looking women
out there ;-) I'll be the one outside Camden Town tube station wearing a
B&S T-shirt at 2pm...

Big Stu