Sinister: more bowlie ramblings

Louise louise at xxx.uk
Sun May 2 10:37:28 BST 1999

Dear list

A week later and still wearing my wrist band.  I have to say it was probably
the best weekend ever.  Despite the fact that I met no listees at all.  I
wore my upside-down badge at all times, but I didn't even see any others. I
think that whenever any of you saw mine you quickly re-arranged yours so you
didn't have to speak to me - boo!  Anyhow when Stuart said - 'I think
monica's here' I nearly wet my pants, Lazy Line Painter Jane  made up for
being ignored.

What did you think of the Divine Comedy? - I always thought they were a bit
dull but they played a really rocky set which was fantastic. And Brian the
bassist was wearing my hair slide - he borrowed it just before they went on!
I thought Camera Obscura and Mercury Rev were fantastic as well.

I'm thinking of doing a B&S night in Brighton maybe in July - kind of like
the 200 troubled teenagers thing (Select journalists banned though).  Does
anyone have the phone no. of the guy called Joe who organised it? I wanted
to ask him to come and play some records.

I heard the re-mastered  version of tigermilk last week.  I knew it was
going to sound a bit different but it's been tweaked and perfected and
sounds absolutely beautiful.  I didn't get to see the ground-breaking cover
design though - oh well.

Bye
Louise