Sinister: May The Fourth Be With You

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Tue May 4 20:25:53 BST 1999

On Tue, 4 May 1999, THAIAN N TON wrote:

> Since i finally got my voice back -- my e-mail server changed our addies and i
> had to wait a long 2 weeks without a noise and bantering about in the sinister
> nursery, i saw in CMJ yesterday that Tigermilk's release is set for June 8th
> which is very exciting indeed.

Then CMJ have got it wrong again. Because one bit of information I gleaned
at the picnic yesterday was that the release date has been set for the
middle of July (I think it was the 11th?). And that's coming straight from
a Jeepster employee, so it's reliable information! By all accounts the
remastered songs sound even better than before. Oh, and it seems that it
will have the same cover photo after all, but a better version of the same
photo.

While I'm talking about the picnic (39 people at one point!), I would just
like to gloat about the fact that in the first game of football the Winter
Woofkies beat the Dirty Dreamers 6-0. Unfortunately the second game was
marred by my cunning tactic of getting the ball off Trousers by, well,
kicking him, and by dismal finishing in front of goal, otherwise we'd have
repeated the triumph easily... As usual, the rest of the day was marked by
more food than anyone could possibly eat (more Economy Tarts anyone?),
arguments about which is the best song on Tigermilk, and certain people
getting drunk and leery at every woman who walked past.

And special mention has to go to the person who turned up at the picnic
with a donkey on wheels.

The next London picnic was provisionally pencilled in for next Bank
Holiday Monday...

Big Stu