Sinister: THE FEAR

Darren Savage sav_one at xxx.com
Wed May 5 09:40:33 BST 1999

I have just returned from a four day Hockey tour in
Amsterdam with some old freinds from University and my
mind is in disarray.  I shall not regale you with
tales of the actual trip but I can assure you that no
hockey was actually played.

However, I was in Sainsbury's on Monday, a mere hour
after landing, in order to purchase fruit and other
health produce.  Upon approching the bread section I
started to get THE FEAR and I decided to pay for the
items I had selected and return to the safety of my
bed chambers.  When I was paying for my shopping a
woman with very pale skin and ginger hair was standing
next to me.  She wasn't actually doing anything but
she began to unsettle me so much that I approached her
and politely requested that she stand elsewhere as she
was giving me THE FEAR.  Fortunately she aquiensced
and I felt safe again. When I got home my boss
telephoned to say that someone pretending to be me
had ordered 5K of fine wine using a made up job number
and then drove off with them.  This too gave me THE
FEAR.  I then went down stairs and this girl I am
living with made some fruit tea for me which gave
me THE FEAR.  Ten minutes later a really nice girl who
I met a couple of weeks before phoned me up and asked
me out to dinner, this didn't give me THE FEAR.  I
then returned to the lounge and fell asleep, when I
woke up the room was full of people and I got THE FEAR
again.

I'm ok now, but yesterday I was evacuated from London
Brige Station and I was thinking that it was a good
job that it didn't happen the day before otherwise I
would have got THE FEAR.

I am now safely ensconced in my office with 'The Spark
that Bled' by the Faming Lips on the stereo and normal
service has resumed.

regards

sav