Sinister: Re: You're a bold coquette and you dress outlandishly...

Pete Ramsdale Peter.Ramsdale at xxx.com
Thu May 6 09:23:36 BST 1999

As a bit of a reply, Sam (for what it counts):

I use the word moniker a lot. It's definitely a word. Or at least it is in my
house. Think it came from afrikaans, or something. Afrikaans for what, I'm not
quite sure, but there you go. Probably "name". Come to think of it, it's quite a
good word. It's the kind of word I'd use when sidling up to my boss with another
holiday form that I know he's not going to sign off. "Erm, could you stick yer
moniker on that for us, please...." Never bloody works. Oh well. "Moniker",
however, is definitely not the best word in the world, though. That honour, in
my opinion, belongs to the word "moist", which, quite frankly, gives me the
raging horn.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.......

Ah yes. Saint Etienne. Well worth the price of your average ticket+booking fee,
imho. I must however admit, before I go any further, that Sarah Cracknell does
occupy a very special place in my heart, being as she is one of the most
gorgeous women I have ever had the incredible good fortune to clap eyes on. And
she can sing, too. Bonus. Having got that little admission out of the way, I
will swiftly go on to say that I saw them at V98, and although they got a right
slating by the music press (arseholes that they are), I loved it. She stared
right at me you know. Honest. And smiled. Mind you that was probably because all
the rest of the crowd were grooving in a chic 70's-cheese stylee, whilst I was
jumping up and down like a mad bastard. I do, however prefer to think that she
spotted me in the crowd and got moist. See? Told you. Top word...... :-)

Finally getting to the topic of B&S, could we puleeeeze have an end to these
rumours of various release dates for Tigermilk and get one of the Jeepster
marketing/merchandising/whatever people (sorry for possibly dropping you in it,
here, Katherine and David) to confirm the actual one agreed? The whole thing is
driving me nuts, and my psychiatrist recommends that unless someone kindly
furnishes me with an actual release date, and I come to terms with the long-term
hurt that was inflicted on me when my parents took me to see Little and Large
and the Nolan Sisters in pantomime as a kid, that I will never be normal.
Bugger.

Well, that's about it for now. Except, that is, in the vain hope that Sarah
Cracknell is a big B&S fan and has joined this list under some strange
pseudonym, to say to her that I'm not doing anything particularly much next
tuesday if she wants to pop down to Colchester. Dribble, indeed.......

lol p xx.

 Life is full of regrets, and I've had a few, as Frank Sinatra
 once sang, before hiccuping loudly and falling over sideways.

 Pete Ramsdale - peter.ramsdale at wdr.com
 Phone: 0171 568 3836

related financial instruments.