Sinister: B&S related news from the Jeepster news list 05/05/99 ...

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Thu May 6 18:03:32 BST 1999

Belle & Sebastian
-----------------

We now have a definite re-release/re-issue/re-press (whatever) date for
"Tigermilk" which is to be July 12th 1999.  As yet, it only applies to
the U.K. (Jeepster) and Europe (Delabel/Virgin) but as soon as i have
dates for North America, Japan, Australia and the rest of the world, i
will pass them on.

"Tigermilk" will be released on CD (JPRCD007), heavyweight
special-sleeve LP (JPRLP007), and MC (JPRMC007) in the U.K. and on CD in
all other territories.  we are taking advance orders for the album at
our on-line store now -
https://secure.jeepster.co.uk/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi - where
the CD is priced* at 8 pounds, whilst the LP is only 7 pounds and the
tape only 5 pounds. we are also going to despatch the record prior to
the release in an attempt to ensure delivery on or immediately after the
release date. (*prices quoted do not including any local taxes or
shipping.)

The album has been remastered and the artwork redone, obviously the
first time for the CD and MC releases and sounds and looks absolutely
amazing.  I remember when i first started working at jeepster (nearly
two years ago!) and every second phone call was "how can i get hold of
"Tigermilk", so hopefully everyone who has not heard this magnificent
album or who owns a scratchy tenth-generation tape copy will now be able
to appreciate it in it's full splendour .. *sigh* :)

Belle & Sebastian are now taking a break and will head back into the
studio late summer to finish off their fourth album.  There is possible
talk of releasing a single before then but we'll just have to wait and
see.

Looper
------

News from the treehouse's mouth - http://www.treehouse.clara.net ...

"We're planning a UK tour for May at the moment, and in July we'll be
touring in America and Canada. The schedule for will be something like
this, although not exactly:

July 3rd- San Diego, CA
July 4th- Irvine, CA
July 5th- Los Angeles, CA
July 7th- San Francisco, CA
July 9th- Portland, OR
July 10th- Seattle, WA
July 11th- Vancouver, BC
July 14th- Minneapolis,MN
July 15th+16th- Chicago, IL
July 17th- Detroit, MI
July 18th- Toronto, ONT
July 19th- Montreal, QC
July 20th- Boston, MA
July 21st- Philadelphia, PA
July 22nd- Washington, DC
July 23rd- NYC

A soon as we have the venues and the exact dates confirmed we will post
them here."

and i'll pass them on to you all on this list :)  possible Looper sing;e
too, more news next update ...

that's about all for now.  please note that all prices at the online
shop will be revamped over the next day or two, so hang off on placing
your orders and you may find nice discounts after the weekend!

until next time ...

cheers,
Katrina.

p.s. - Bowlie was ace!  best bands in my opinion?  Mogwai, sodastream
(*sigh*) and Belle & Sebastian ... not that i'm biased or anything :)

        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
 	               http://www.jeepster.co.uk/

                 ***we are moving on april 1st 1999!***
       new postal address is po box 14153, london, sw11 4xu, u.k.
                 tel: 0171 924 2324, fax: 0171 924 6161