Sinister: Odd spelling

Gary Lawler glawler at xxx.ie
Thu May 6 20:32:01 BST 1999

So once I got cornered by a guy doing a survey for the Challenging Times
program (sort of like University Challenge), and the "What is your favorite
band?" question came up. I said B&S of course, but the survey guy wrote the
name of the band as "Bell and Sebastian" which seemed very strange to me
(although not as strange as a friend of mine who was a tad unsure of the
name and called them "BELL AND SA BASS CHIN" in a recent EMail, though).

Anyway, from all those Bowlie posts, I've read a bit about the Flaming Lips
and how people think they're pretty good. I was thinking of maybe picking
up one their albums to see what they're like - could someone tell me what
their most accessible album is (probably best not to post any answers to
the list ^_^)? Thanks.

Gary Lawler  *  ICQ UIN: 11115268  *  AIM: seclite369