Sinister: "Banana Yoshimoto: meet the man who sweats."

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Fri May 7 08:47:59 BST 1999

Nice to see Dougie Coupland is popular here, although I personally think
"Polaroids from the dead" was a bit boring. Hmmm... Was it called that?
Can't remember. Talking of books, I'm reading Banana Yoshimoto's "Amrita" at
the moment, something like 50 pages to go. Pretty naive but wonderful. Not
as good as N.P. was, though. Can anyone tell me why all those Japanese
writers seem so gloomy but cheery at the same time? Yoshimoto writes about
death almost all the time, it's sad and suicide and spirits etc, but still
she manages to keep it a bit happy at the same time. Maybe it's their
culture? All in all, her text is sooooo beautiful (insert schoolgirl tone of
voice here). And a writer who's obsessed with Sonic Youth and also likes
Shonen Knife is always nice. Oh, sister I'm a poet.

Anyhow. My groin is getting better after that footie-accident. Just this
mild pain when I try to strech it, but nothing serious. What is serious,
however, is my big problem with sweating. Now, I like black clothes as much
as everyone else who likes black clothes, but every now and then I'd like to
get all summery (that's not a proper word, is it?) and wear these yellow or
light blue t-shirts. But I can't do that, since I'm sweating all the time.
Looks horrible, these big stains of sweat. Even when I'm lying on my bed
without my shirt on my armpits just... Well, you get the picture. I'm using
this deodorant at the moment, but it consists almost merely of alcohol
(something like 96 per cent, I think?) and it HURTS like hell, burns right
through my skin. Any suggestions what I should do? It can't be because of
stress, so...

Oh, and btw, Big (?) john Warrander wrote:
>PS I wuv woo King of Finland

Eh? "Wuv woo"?

Ok, I'm off for a ciggie now. And do not hurt the trees, they have feelings
too. "Pink pink pink pink moon."

@-->--- jake, not the stationary chooser.