Sinister: Hey Man, Smell My Finger!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri May 7 12:51:44 BST 1999

I'd like to be a big-bottomed bumble bee burrowing boldly into the
bulbous bloom of The Foxgloves' fragrant hollyhock of P!O!P! So much
talent in the leafy groves of Sinisterland, so much subtlety, so
much...pazzazz! (burp!)

That (burp!) was my considered response to all the (sigh!)ing that's
been going on round here. (exasperated sigh borrowed from the Duke
when he's teaching and teetering on the brink of the abyss of shouting
at someone)

Stuart's guitar smashing antics were the highlight of my life so far.
Up until then it had been the cover version of "The Kids Are Alright"
and the quick burst of Thin Lizzy. I can just picture it, Mad Dog
Murdoch asking the crowd, "Has anyone got any Ayr Unoited in them?"
Silence.
"Would any of the gurls loik a little more Ayr Unoited in them?"
Even silenter silence. That's the majesty of ROCK!

Thank you to JJ for his wonderful photographic record of the Bowlihill
Weekender. I'm making a limited edition run of Tim Hopkins teeshirts
if anyone's interested. On the front, that picture of Tim. On the
back, some words.

Some tiny little insects have set up home in my CD collection. Has
anyone got one of those cropdusting planes I can borrow? They must be
educated fleas, because they seem to favour krautrock.

Apologies to my pen pals. I've been bogged down with work and under
the weatherness. I've been feeling like a cat in a bag since I heard
The Verve had split up again. Oon, by the time I reply to you, your
neice will be old enough to vote, providing you don't have another
military coup. I've been reading about you Thais, you know. And I've
got a tin of Thai soup. I think of Oon, Anne and Charlotte as
Charlie's Angels, and David Moore as Bosley. I'm Charlie, of course.
That's not a jaccuzi. I promise to reply to you all soon-ish. Maybe
not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your
life.

I read "Scampi Fries From Hell" and enjoyed it very much, especially
the bit about a meat mallet. It was nice to see so many words that I
seem to have come to consider "Sinister words", such as "bum", "bra"
and "McTaggart". Well done, Ciara.

Stu G said something about the Genuflecting Weebles LP being sold on
at twice the pwice Beepster were charging for it. Which means it must
cost seven pounds fifty from the Beepster on-line store. Either that
or someone is being discreet with the truth. And not for the first
time, I might add. Joycott Beepster! Incidentally, I was a bit worried
that the Who's the Coolest? Competition would have to take a breather
for the Tigermilk re-release, but I needn't have worried. I salute the
inventiveness of those of you who have written in to say how fantastic
the remastered version sounds. I feel like a motherless child.

I hear that there was a disappointing turnout for the Jock elections
yesterday. Too pissed probably. How I miss Adrian Evans (sigh!).

Sister Disco Cork Mix

NP: Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing. In the charts ten years ago
this week. Started the Northern Soul revival, you know. I've been
listening to The Vintage Chart Show with Paul Burnett.

PS: Welcome, newcomers! Welcome! Welcome!