Sinister: Tears of a Clown

skg21 at xxx.uk skg21 at xxx.uk
Fri May 7 17:57:06 BST 1999

--On Thu, May 6, 1999 23:00 +0100 "John Warrander" <warranderj at bigfoot.com>
wrote:

> I've just been shopping. And good shopping it was too. You know that
> Go-Betweens best of "Bellavista Terrace" that clever sorts like his
> Dukester were wittering on about not so long ago? Well nobody mentioned
> that it's got an absolutely fantastic extra CD with it which has amazing
> acoustic and electric sessions off American radio on it. And there's this
> lovely American woman saying some real nice things and the music is beauty

> exemplified. I kid you not. It's really very, very good. I'd get it soon
if
> I was you cos I think the extra CD is limited or something. And it's
really
> good.

When I first heard Bellavista Terrace, I must admit to being a bit
disappointed after all I'd heard. But then I put the second bonus CD on, and
it is so much better; whether they're just better songs, or better versions,
I don't know, but it's certainly convinced me to give the first CD time to
see if it grows on me. Still not as good as The Lilac Time album though.

Oh, and I'm not one to cast aspersions, but whoever voted 8 times for John
on the listcrush site, you've been foiled. I've put him back down to one
now. You are only allowed to vote for someone (yourself?) once...

Is anyone else really pleased that the rain has come back again and put an
end to the summery weather of late? Just because it means there's less
temptation to sit outside the pub all day when i should be revising... I
might still have time to pass those exams...

Big Stu