Sinister: It's all over the front page.....

Andrew Tracey viscount at xxx.net
Fri May 7 22:50:12 BST 1999

Long time no hear

I've been hiding through all the bowlie business, jealous of missing out on
the bands and wanking machines but mostly missing the seaside. It is
supposed to be very theraputic, especially for city boys like me.

I'm in total agreement with whoever it was who said the bonus Go-Betweens
CD is better than Bellavista terrace. I was persuaded to get into the band
by a friend who thinks they're the best things ever, only to be a bit
disappointed on first listen to the first cd. The sessions have a bit more
'energy' to them.

The verdict on the rest of my shopping basket is - new Add (n) to x album =
very good - new Suede album = mediocre at best. Chances of Suede ever
recording another Pantomime Horse = nil

Winding the clock back to Monday and the picnic, Sky news did their evening
weather forecast live from Primrose Hill about 5 or 6 o'clock. I had a look
out for any giveaway Stow T shirts to highlight your presence but alas my
search proved fruitless. Nationwide fame must settle for the bowlie photos
for now.

Bloody Mogwai have got themselves into a computer game now. They're in
Actua Ice Hockey, after the Super Furry Animals blagged their way into
Actua Soccer 2. Are B+S missing out here. After Stuart's guitar rage maybe
he could be the central character in Quake 3. Picture the blurb on the back
of the box

"An isolated man, stranded on an alien planet. Survival is his only
thought. Become 'Mad, Bad' Stuart as he struggles to prevail over his alien
adversaries, armed only with a ukulele. Smash your way through the levels,
picking up bigger and more powerful weapons along the way. From the fairly
weak banjo, through both six and twelve stringed guitars up to the BFIs
(big fucking instruments), the daddies of them all, the cello and double
bass. Swing these monsters about your head and waste the alien scum"

I wouldn't mind seeing Isobel in Tomb Raider 4, though. Lara needs a rest.

Moniker/Monica homophonic comedy. My brother had his confirmation a few
weeks ago with the others in his class. A hushed church sat in silence as
the children went up to the bishop one by one and told him the name they
had chosen to be confirmed with. Pity the poor girl who chose to be
confirmed as Monica during Ms Lewinsky's book tour. She must have wondered
why poorly stifled giggles reverberated around the church during her holy
moment. The bishop wasn't pleased either.

One more thing, the Verve obituary in this weeks NME is the funniest thing
you'll read this year.

I bid you adieu            andrew