Sinister: Stuart Murdoch : the Beast Within

Martin Connelly eppie at xxx.ie
Sun May 9 13:19:40 BST 1999

Re. the Dublin practical woodwork demonstration, Finn's comment gets it
about right I think:
<I think people are just a little worried about why he did it in the first
place. someone mentioned an argument between him and isobel.
....all that side it was a nice gig, if a little short. >>.

And the sound was absolutely marvellous.  Sorry now that I didn't make a
video of it.  We weren't searched going into the circle, there was an
uninterrupted view and there were no drug crazed kids taunting Struan
anywhere near me :).

If the SM/IC rows look likely to continue, wouldn't it be good if SM set up
his own version of Gentle Waves,substituting Sarah Martin and the Paper Boat
version of Stuart D for Isobel.  And maybe even guest appearances by Mrs
Murdoch (or did she sign to Sleeka Sounds?), who would ensure he was on best
behaviour.

The performance of "Stuart Murdoch - the Beast Within" might also require a
re-examination of of the lyrics.  For example, "There was blood on the
sheets again" might refer to yet another major belt up with the band and
hotel staff.  And what about kicking the crutches from a crippled friend.
Definitely not a man to be messed with.

Martin C  (just one day older than David Moore)