Sinister: Long time no see!

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Sun May 9 19:29:32 BST 1999

Alright you lot, haven't seen you for ages. People have been asking about
the bowlie thing, and it really depends on one fact : Were you there? If you
were then read answer (b), if not read answer (a).

(a) It was pretty dull really, weather was overcast, people boring, bands OK
you know, probably not worth the 85 quid or so.

(b) Yes it was bloody great, couldn't have believed that the whole thing
turned out so well, fantastic stuff. It just shows you what can be done. I
can't say I agree with people who are quoted with the liked of "this is just
utter tweeness" or whatever, whatever that actually means really, I didn't
see a load of people around pretending to be cutesy. Isaac Hayes didn't turn
up and neither did the WHO. More's the pity. I was hoping it was going to be
one of them that was the secret act. Never mind, it was Mogwai, who I'm sure
were great. Chris Leonard and I didn't actually go and see any bands on the
Saturday.

    Saw almost everyone who's been involved in clubs and stuff over the
years from Edinburgh there, we'd been surmising the week previous about how
it'd just be like the whole of central scotland moved down south for the
weekend, and in some ways it was.

    Great to meet all the people that I did, brilliant to see Tim, Andy,
Mike, Pam, Trous, oh dear, I'd better stop really, this is going to be a
great big long list otherwise.

    We were in SURF CITY - which RULED. Although naturally HERO ZONE did
seem like the best place to be. Where were you at bowlie? Was it

(a) Hero Zone
(b) Surf City
(c) TreeTops
(d) Savannah Land
(e) Pirouhette Park

They're in order of coolness starting from the top and getting less cool as
you head towards (e).

Oh bloody hell, it's raining and I'm supposed to be off to the pub quiz in a
few minutes.

Never mind.

Take care,
  Keith.