Sinister: Harvey

Tony kissingdom at xxx.net
Mon May 10 11:22:39 BST 1999

Not the Pooka and friend of Mr Dowd but the son of Mr and Mrs Williams.
He made me think of Randy Newman, Plush, and maybe a touch Jimmy Webb. His
voice was a little hushed but he performed some great songs for those patient
enough to listen. A number of Bowlie T-Shirts were also present but we were
half-way through the second bottle of champagne at that point I was incapable
of anything other than a wave and a smile.

Ant @ The Poetry Cafe on Friday was magical, definately worth catching if you
can get the chance. I believe his single comes out today though having already
heard it I prefer the B-side.
Thanks to Trousers for the tip.

On a sadder note (in both senses of the word) my wristband finally lost the
war of attrition with my rough and tumble lifestyle and broke away from my
wrist - so no biscuit cardigan for me :-( I was shocked at my friends
suggestions to cheat and use sellotape to maintain it. Made me think of all
those people who'd resort to ever more devious methods to win at conkers when
I was a bairn.

Tony