Sinister: study leave

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Mon May 10 13:14:07 BST 1999

Sinisterines,

Today started off so well, the sun was shining, and I walked along roads
jammed with cars, the angry people inside sweating and pulling at their
collars. I felt smug. I felt happy. But now the drizzle has set in outside
my window, and I wanted to play mAKE UP, but the builder is in....and I
fear, being a bit of a melody fm man himself, it wouldn't quite be his cup
of tea. I'm avoiding him. He scares me. He has a beard.

On the lyric analyising thread, I think alot of the time, the lyrics stand
for what they mean to you personally, the way you interpret them rather
than their actual meaning or intention. I was convinced 'Mis-shapes' by
Pulp was a song about suicide because of the line "we'll use the one thing
we've got more of, thats our minds", which I thought was "that's our LIVES"
as if they would all kill themselves as a big dramatic statement, which
somehow made the song seem more serious. but it's altogether morbid..

and my cd player won't play sinister! grrr. It will play any of my old
rubbish, even at their most scratched, but sinister, no. I found a libary
book stamped Sept. 97 in my room last night, then dreamed I I had fines of
2 billion knicker and would be forced to work in Hertford Library with the
grannies and well presented young ladies with their pearls for the rest of
my life. Working in a library wouldn't seem so bad if it wasn't so
quiet....imagine if you farted. Could you *ever* live it down? Oh! the sun
has just come out...rain AND sunshine...I'm going to have a look for a
rainbow.

This would have more belle and sebastian content. It really would. If it
could.

Erica