Sinister: you're a superstar, that is what you are

Christa Chaffinch cchaffin at xxx.org
Tue May 11 14:55:40 BST 1999

Hello all.

Linda thought she would have the last Bowlie reference on the list,
but I haven't thrown in my two cents yet!  Ummm, it was fun.  I didn't
seem to have the days and endless nights of drunken debauchery that
a lot of other people did, but I did have a fantastic time.  I spent a
great deal of time standing, it seems.  (in lines, watching bands, on the
beach)  Did anyone else get to see the "dramatic sound and light show" at the
town model in Rye?  You would have learned all manner of sordid details
about the underbelly of historic Rye.  Murder!!  Sex with monks!!
Lovers being buried alive!!  All very sinister indeed...

Well, here is where i turn exclusionist:  if you live in Washington DC,
or will be visiting in the month of June, please read on...
we are planning our very own sinister picnic.  Right now the date is
tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 11.  And Sam has so thoughtfully
mentioned Rock Creek Park for the setting.  We were also thinking about other
places- a bar/restaurant (in case of rain), the zoo...who knows.  Any
ideas are welcome! Oh, and this doesn't have to be just for DC people, if
you are in a situation to travel however far and would like to attend, please feel free!!
I know there are a lot of you in the area, so this could end up being
quite nice.  Please email me if you are interested (*privately* of course).

Phew.  That exhausted me.  Better go get some juice.

i wanna rock with you,
christa