Sinister: second goes after first

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Tue May 11 20:42:23 BST 1999

Hey!

Isobel's contribution to P-O-P has arrived to the pages of Impact,our Uni
student magazine.How trendy and t*** we are! Mmmm, I am off to send you
some anonymous Steve (not Just-Wed Carsmile, I guess)opinions :

'Featuring players from Belle & Sebastian'the surprisingly discreet
sticker announces.The Gentle Waves are Isobel Campbell,cello player in the
aforementioned octet and as many other memebers of that band as each song
requires .It's a nice album ,not a pot more.It reeks of inexperience and
unconfidence(people who 've seen B&S 's live performances will know of
Isobel's legendary stagefright)but when , on occasion, she overcomes this
there are bright flashes of potential.'Weathershow'is something that
Stereolab would be proud of , Rose I love you is a reworked of 'El Condor
pasa' and 'Evensong ' is the happiest,most instanta song of the year.I
expect she'll make a great third album.

That Steve seems to me a psychology student , I don't know exactly why. I
promise some research into the reviewer's identity to confirm my first
impression. All that stress on Isobel's coyness sounds like if in his next
lines he were to offer his 'Self confidence for performers ' workshop

Love

Arantxa