Sinister: B&S, bs and my feeble attempt to say something here.

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Wed May 12 06:51:01 BST 1999

To start things off, Fluffy Sarah said:

>Didn't Stina Noredmemsndgshgtstan cover some really cheesey song by some
>hoary old soft-rocker?

Well she covered some Leonard Cohen on her "People are strange"-album. Is he
a "hoary old soft-rocker"? Dunno. And hey, whos song is "I Dream Of Jeanie
(with light brown eyes)"? That's on the same album too. I've heard the
original version too, but I can't remember who performed it.

And I think it was Beth, who said something like "Flaming Lips kick ass!!"
Hmm. I've tried to listen to them, but I really can't say that I got it.
Don't know why.

And tomorrow it's a day off for us from the neverending cycle of worklife.
Thank god for Jesus. Without you and your daddy-o we couldn't go out tonight
(well we could, but we'd be pretty tired the next morning). And I don't even
know why we don't have to get out of bed tomorrow. But then again, I'm an
agnostic who's not paying any taxes for the church, so why should I care?

And now for something conserning Belle & Sebastian. Hmmm... How should I put
this... Is it true that Jeepster is going to stop selling B&S- merchandise?
Heard it from trustworthy sources. Well, I don't care anymore, since I've
got my buttons, "Study at Stow"-      t-shirts and "If youre feeling
sinister"-shirts. But is there a a specific reason for this, or is it just
because Belle & Sebastian is getting too commercial and all those dimwits
who got into B&S after TBWTAS think it's a credible thing to wear a shirt of
a band they've only really dug for about 6 months or so (and yes, this is
supposed to be irony)? And like they said in Select-magazine, does it make
you a better person when you can say "Yeah, they used to be better back in
the good ol' days when they weren't this big." If it does, well then fuck
off. Stupid twat.

@--->--- a rose, love and other stuff that makes you feel funny in your
tummy, Frankko, who likes his new nick so much that he decided to stick with
it.