Sinister: Sellotape - man's greatest invention

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Wed May 12 14:10:26 BST 1999

Michael said:

>Why I'm looking forward to a remastered Tigermilk: Will we finally
>be able to identify who is give Stuart oral pleasure during
>Expectations? On the third or fourth generation copy I have I can
>hear the zip coming down but nothing else in any detail.

	Maybe my copy's even worse than yours, but I've always thought it
was someone peeling off some sellotape, or a plaster,that they just
realised was stuck to the bottom of their shoe, or even worse, their
sock. And they're trying to do it discreetly at the start of the song
so that no-one notices.
	It reminds me of my only experience in a recording studio, when we
could only afford one take and during it the alarm on my watch went
off, cos I'd set it for Dad's Army the night before, and I looked
very stupid indeed and everyone glared at me as I fumble with the
buttons.
	Talking of sellotape, I've just had an Optics lecture in
which the lecturer stuck strips of sellotape on a piece of polaroid
and shone light through it and it made lots of different colours. It
was really simple and ace, and if it isn't already should be put in a
book called "Science Is Fun!".

Jarkko said:

>... And like they said in Select-magazine, does it
>make you a better person when you can say "Yeah, they used to be
>better back in the good ol' days when they weren't this big." If it
>does, well then fuck off. Stupid twat.

No it doesn't, of course. Maybe Jeepster are being a bit exclusive if
they stop selling merchandise, but then I think a lot of the time
bands become crap simply because they become too big and think too
much of themselves. If Belle and Sebastian can become big and still
do their thing then fair play to them, but I don't see how they can
do that and still sing from the same perspective. I say keep it
small. I don't think anyone wants them to become another band who
sings about the pressures of fame and loses touch with what they used
to do best. Popularity can be a dangerous thing; ask the boy with the
arab strap.

Sorry for saying the same old stuff that's been said a hundred times
before, I think I'll go now.

Bye

love from Robin xxxx