Sinister: Re: Highest Tigermilk price in the world EVER!!

Dom 95djb2 at xxx.uk
Wed May 12 14:16:25 BST 1999

Hello...I'm a little bit nervous after going into exam-enforced
hibernation for a few weeks. Not that I posted much anyway.
Now that I'm back though - can I ask the regular list peeps what happened
to the Monday poem? That was one of my favourite brighten-your-day bits of
sinister.

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Ben Ferneyhough wrote:

> Dear all, was reading Teletext this morning, and noticed a piece about Jo
> Whiley who'd lost her copy of Tigermilk down the back of her (large) sofa or
> something, and the report said that it's now worth #1000. Hmmmm. I doubt that
> somehow. A bit of over-excitement by the reporter I think.

Well I was listening to Jo's show yesterday when they did a piece on
Newsbeat about the re-release, and she said she had two copies, one of
which she'd lost. The Radio 1 reporter (can't remember who it was)
sensationally revealed that copies "were changing hands at up to 800
pounds each". And he sounded over-excited. Still, why shouldn't he be - it
has to be the release of the summer.

Are there any sinisterines in Brighton? I'm staring down the barrel of
forty years of employment starting in September, luckily I get to live in
Brighton but I've only been there once. If anyone's got any advice on
places to live, and so on mail me. Thank you, you're all lovely.

Just time before I go to send Fluffy a virtual get well soon; I would have
posted a proper card but I feared it wouldn't get through the door, what
with all the other 950 or however many it is now sinister cards already
there -
byeeeeeeeee (oops)
Dom