Sinister: Brutal arse sex

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Wed May 12 14:24:42 BST 1999

>From: "jarkko frantila" <chamomile1 at xxx.com>

>And now for something conserning Belle & Sebastian. Hmmm... How should I put
>this... Is it true that Jeepster is going to stop selling B&S- merchandise?
>Heard it from trustworthy sources

Yes, I don't think I'm betraying any confidences if I say that I too have heard
this, straight from the horse's mouth.  Thinking about it though, a horse is a
horse of course, of course and no one can talk to a horse of course of course,
unless of course of the horse id Mr Ed.  Or David Kitchen.  Which it was.
Apparently the merchandising is a great money spinner but it's taking up too
much of Jeepster's time, at the expense of things like singing new bands.
Anyway, at least this contradicts the view that Jeepster are an evil BUSINESS
just wanting to make MONEY, since a sensible capitalist strategy in these
circumstances would surely be to take on more menial staff to send out all the
T-shirts and badges.  Maybe they fear that these workers will realise that they
are buttering Mark Jones' bread and seize the means of production.  Or
something.  I'm not very good on Marxist theory.  A nice French boy posted a
great treatise on the subject a while ago but got shouted down by some nasty
American man who said 'Hey, where do get off on spouting all this political
shit?'  Note my insidious demarcation of 'boy' and 'man'. I have no idea what
their respective ages are but  boy = good whilst  man= bad.  Oh dear, I hope the
American man isn't still on the list or else this might constitute one of those
flame things.  I'm sorry.  I'm surely you are lovely and my memory is addled.

Anyway, DK says that they are planning to contract out the merchandising to
another company, although the same crew will still be designing the stuff.

>From: "Beth Tilston" <bobbins2000 at xxx.com>

> P.S - THE FLAMING LIPS KICK ASS!

For years I thought that 'kicking ass' was a bad thing.  This was probably the
result of being kicked in the ass by my PE teacher and not liking it very much.
So for years I had this unpleasant connection lingering in my unconcious,
obscuring the true glory of ass-kicking.  Now that I've been through therapy I
take every opportunity to kick people I like really hard up the ass.  Sometimes
they respond by hitting me in the face, which I can only assume is an even
better thing.  And having seen the Flaming Lips' life-changing set at Camber
Sands, I can only agree with Beth.  THE FLAMING LIPS HIT FACES!

>From: stephen hewitt <hewits at xxx.uk>

>Following on from the never ending thread of Belle & Seb dreams, I have a
>slightly new twist, BOWLIE Dreams!!!
>I dreamed that I was at a Bowlie kind of thing and was talking to Isobel and
>all my friends from Cheltenham were there too. But the main thing was that
>around the site was a huge 100 ft high wall with big metal spikes at the
>top, as though the Bowlie was being held in a prison camp or something (but
>we were still having an ace time).

I too had a BOWLIE Dream!  I was embarassed to mention it before, but seeing as
Stephen has recounted his, I might as well add my own.

I dreamed that I was ambushed in the toilets and subjected to a brutal gang
rape!  This was no fun, but later on in the dream I got over it, and there were
all these girls saying how they thought I was great (not just because I'd been
subjected to a brutal gang rape).  To be honest it wasn't so much set in Camber
Sands holiday camp as in a typical dream amalgam of there, a university and my
office.  And to be honest it wasn't so much a dream as a typical amalgam of a
dream , a fantasy and real life.  Actually, that's not true - it really was a
dream, and you can check my diary if you don't believe me.  I never lie to my
diary.  Which maybe explains why it's so dull.

I love you all.

Nick xxx