Sinister: Stuart Murdoch got me banned from Pontins

Alan Singfield alan.singfield at xxx.com
Fri May 14 12:37:43 BST 1999

Hello shinishters,

	As one of the people who *was* there, I will share my experience
with you in a hopefully non-cliquey manner...

	We were leaving on the Monday, so needed to hand our keys in and
have the barrier raised to let the car out. There was a Pontins staff member
in her little hut, who was doing her level best to ignore us completely. So
we waited for a bit, until a skinny guy in a white shirt came over. He took
our keys, chucked them into the bin marked "Keys Here" (we had rejected this
idea because the bin contained 10 gallons of slime), and raised the barrier.
It was only when we were half way down the road that we realised the skinny
guy was Stuart Murdoch! And, to add insult to injury, we later heard on John
Peel that he was trying to hitch a lift to the station!

	I hope the lady from Pontins didn't force our sensitive S-M to roll
his sleeves up and fish the keys out of the bin...

	With reference to the top five zones, I don't know which zone our
chalet was in, but we did have the most irritating looking monkey as our
zone mascot. Keith Harris's Cuddles, eat your heart out.

Spanners.