Sinister: a bit of B&S in the end, but otherwise its an european experince.

Marianne Bratlie mariannebratlie at xxx.com
Fri May 14 20:06:42 BST 1999

>From: paul sallis <sillas_luap at xxx.com>
>To: Marianne Bratlie <mariannebratlie at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Sinister: a bit of B&S in the end, but otherwise its an e.
>
>Where did you see them, and do you know if their
>touring in Britain soon? - as I'd love to see em'
>again.

I saw him (without the bad seeds) in Bergen, Norway. It was a part of a
blues festival, we are a bit strange  here in this country, confused when it
comes to categorizing music, but I don`t mind as long as the music is
good...

It was a very special gig, he didn`t have "the bad seeds" with him, but a
crazy, but very good chap on a violin, a lady on bass guitar, and a drummer.

they were all VERY relaxed. Nick talked to us as we were in his own
livingroom, sometimes he took a cigarette, asked the violin player if he
cared for some, forgot the songs, turned to the bass-lady,,,asked her how it
was again..(the song)-then she would play some, and he remembered it again.
I haven`t been really into his music, just heard a couple of songs, bought a
tape once, but that was it. But now I`m really going to buy some records,
because he`s a genious.
Don`t know what it`s called, but the lyrics goes like this:

..you are a little mysterie to me, every time you come around..
come sail your ships...

This is my favourite song of the one I knows., what is it called?

Thankyou for your replies,(to David Andrew as well) and I think I will have
Glasgow as a first choice, I have visited it two weeks ago, Love the
Macintosh design.But , the chance of running into my hero Stuart M. is worth
it anyway,,(that was the belle and sebastian contence..)

I don`t know if Nick will tour in the UK., but I did hear that we were lucky
to see him at all, because he was only going  to have  like four concerts
this year, well at least I think I heard so. I might be wrong.

Take care!!!

PS.Anyone else planning Bowlie 2 already..???