Sinister: Everybody else is ranting so...

DavidJ2502 at xxx.com DavidJ2502 at xxx.com
Fri May 14 22:31:51 BST 1999

Hello,

Lets sort this whole merchandise/Tigermilk thing out now shall we.

I met a bloke in the pub this evening who claimed to be an insider with the
band- aparently he once gave Mick Cooke a fag or something. Anyway he told me
that from now on merchandise will be produced and sold in limited editions of
five T-shirts per year and will only be sold to fans who write a short story
(min. 5000 words) with the title "The day I bought a Belle and Sebastian
T-shirt". As for Tigermilk, that will only be issued to the band and even
then only to those whose names have an "a" in them.

Sorry, no-one likes a sarcy pants.

Surely Jeepsterr are a record company. I don't know how many T-shirts and
things they sell but it must be a fair few (lets have a show of hands of how
many people have more than one B&S T-shirt... thought so) and the time they
take parting us with our hard earned cash takes their attentions away from
their other lucrative signings like, er, Snow Patrol. Sorry, Snow Patrol.
Just because Jeepster might be maybe thinking of some time perhaps getting
another company to do merchandise doesn't mean that we will end up with the
official B&S Playstation game or B&S approved genuine Arab Straps (not a bad
idea actually). I'm sure the indie-snobs among us won't have to worry about
the time when "Study at Stow" shirts do not get funny looks on the streets.
Having said that, though, I am mourning the loss of the B&S mugs from the
online shop. Boo! I wanted one.

Genuinely real fact: My brother made me a coaster for my birthday with a
picture of Mark E. Smith on it with the caption "Have a drink on Mark E.
Smith." I suppose you had to be
there.

That's all from me,

David J.