Sinister: Select

Power15755 at xxx.com Power15755 at xxx.com
Sat May 15 15:00:35 BST 1999

Hi!

Has anyone noticed that the magazine Select seems to turn into a B & S
fanzine? Not only do they feature the band (or their fans :-)) in almost
every issue, but here's what I found while reading the album reviews in the
latest issue:

Arab Strap - Mad for sadness

Stuart Murdoch is usually associated with pastoral whimsy rather than deft
character assassination, but "The boy with the arab strap" immortalised Strap
mumbler Aidan Moffat as a drunken, masturbatory baboon ...

Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorised Biography of Reinhold Messner

Knowing vaudevillian pop with pathos, this has enough stylised repression for
Belle & Sebastian fans to become closet admirers ...

The Go-Betweens - Bella Vista

Should show B & S fans that arty acoustica had a previous form ...

The Lilac Time - Looking for a day in the night

Stephen reportedly bought 20 copies of Belle & Sebastian's "Tigermilk" album
when it came out and gave them all to friends ...

Luna - The days of our nights

It's a safe bet that Luna's entire UK fanbase was assembled for their set at
Belle & Sebastian's Bowlie Weekender last month ...

Well, that's all I found but I didn't read all the reviews.

Bye

Antje