Sinister: worked the clock around

mike windisch windisch24 at xxx.com
Sat May 15 21:10:32 BST 1999

hello all,

during a sunny day rummage through a church bazaar, i aquired a school
year's worth of children's reading books circa 1974. Besides  the youthful
characters of all colors sporting indie gear and having wholesome adventures
like 'the bus trip' and 'the bicycle ride', the content is heavy with
messages of tolerance ('the odd pup' is clearly a poof), and lots of tender
small word rhymes (a la Stuart M).

Maybe it's been pre-ordained, or I've just got B&S on the brain, these
little primers are perfect illustrations of many B&S songs. 'Gumdrop' and
Judy and the dream jibe perfectly and the boy girl band in 'the hammer and
the drum' have to be what the duo belle and sebastian the look like. As
such, they will soon be converted into keepsake zines for distribution at
the New York and Boston gigs and at the new england picnic should it ever
occur.

This little tale of my recent auisitions has two points.

The simpler is a basic call for any  sinisters to be on the lookout for
similarlly precious children's books to help my collection of these great
little artifacts grow (and maybe so I can have some more foreign language
study aids)

The second is so I can weigh in on this merchandising flap. If we all want
B&S paraphernalia, why not just make some like the baltimore lass who sent
me those great spring break stickers. I'm sure most people who wear B&S in
their hearts can play with words and pictures well enough to fabricate
something suitable to wear on their sleeves.
Plus if we gift or trade them with one another, no profit results, and no
jeepster artwork is appropriated, it should be on the legal up and up, and
come with the added bonus of exclusitivity (should that be a desire)

I'm glad to see the flaming lips getting appreciated, they were near to the
heart of mystic in times past, but have recently gone unheard in these
environs. Perhaps a second helping is required here.

fyi about the subject header: publishing deadlines being much less
inflexible than university (ie no extensions) and my last minute workstyle
still prone to extensions, I was forced into that most ufortunate club of
those who have literally worked the clock around with nary a hour of leisure
or sleep. Though napping under the desk much more perferable than in the cop
shop, which was another recent indignity but another story alltogether.

last bit: should anyone have any B&S live tapes, and like the make up,
perhaps we can exchange your tape for mine which features all the hits off
of I Want Some and a half dozen new songs and some of snippets of my
interview with ian sevionus.

sweet dreams kitties

mike