Sinister: When I get no mail...

Honey honey at xxx.net
Sat May 15 23:12:07 BST 1999

and also said, quoting a "Brad":

> If that doesn't tell you what kind of
> jelly-filled danishes gravitate towards Belle & Sebastian's music, nothing
> will...

The answer to the first is that Bowlie's over - and therefore any
gangwanking whimsy-thon possibilities are over, surely.  Well that's
what the NME were referring too, but if someone knows of such a
whimsy-thon taking part which I haven't been invited to please let me
know, I'm very keen on that sort of thing.

The second quote above of course has given me something new to put in
the footer: I'm always thrilled when someone sums us all up so
succinctly and all the quotes in the footers are exactly that, from
various different sources.  It's like looking in a mirror isnt it?

Oh and welcome to everyone who's just joined this list "From Another
Place" :)  Take a seat, have a nice cup of tea, be happy here.

Can I say that I'm a bit baffled by a thread on the list at the
moment, the one where people are saying "how could you accuse B&S of
selling out and begrudge them their success?".  This seems to be a
reaction to someone somewhere on this list claiming the band or
record company have sold out by either (a) doing merchandising and/or
(b) stopping doing merchandising.  Problem is I've searched and can't
see the original post that supposedly DID claim someone somewhere was
selling out.  So I don't know what all these mails are reacting to.
I know we expect someone somewhere around us to be elitist, but this
list bar a few visitors from Mars has always been blessedly free of
such stuff, and we've had these discussions a load of times before.

Finally someone asked where the Poetry Parrot had got to - very good
point.  For everyone who landed on Planet Sinister since the poetry
parrot took flight never to be seen again, every Monday someone used
to send a poem in, and then set the parrot free from his/her window
in the direction of the next victim, who did the same the following
Monday.  It went missing clearly traumatised soon after having to
deliver a particularly foul-mouthed note from a Ms Lulu Kerr - she
was a head girl, you know.  Anyway it was Mr Stevie Trouser's parrot,
so I hereby beseech him to get another and send it on.  If that
proves impossible or tedious, maybe he could look down the pet shop
for Polly's evil cousin the Porno Parrot, who will deliver erotic
literature from each listee in turn to really start our week off with
a bang.

I'd better go because I've sounded just a bit grumpy and tired
haven't I?  Next week is "Everyone On Sinister Phone In Sick Week" so
we'll stay in bed and eat jam sandwiches all day together ok?

honey x