Sinister: Rant

Brennan brennan at xxx.uk
Sun May 16 11:43:18 BST 1999

 Stuart's Staying in and he thinks its a sin that he has to leave the house
 at all.

 Why the big hoo-haa about Jeepster selling stuff. Do you buy Spice Girls
 merchandise from Virgin? Or Bluetones stuff from their record company? A
 record company should be there to make records and their reason for
stopping
 selling crappy indie badges (ok, and some useful stuff too) is perfectly
 legitimate. It's like berating McDonalds for not making the whole of their
 business selling ice cream. Jeepster is a record label and to get anywhere
 it needs bands. Now maybe some companies can survive on 2 or 3 lines of
 products, some even survive on only one but a record label in this day and
 age has to have more than 3 different bands (I'm not counting B&S
spinoffs).
 It's not as if they'll never sell records ever again. Anyway, enough of a
 ran.

 I went to Our Price a few weeks ago to ask about Tigermilk, so the bird at
 the counter looked up on the computer thing about it. It said it was
 released for a week at the end of February then deleted on something like
 march 4th. So what's going on? Why has it taken this long?

 Oliver